Yet Another Intro...

Hey everyone!
So since introductions seem to be the theme this week, I should give you mine. I just graduated with a BA from Mount Allison University in New Brunswick, where I did a double major in English and History. I basically took every Medieval studies-type course I could, which is where my love of research became apparent. I know it's sort of dorky to say I love research, but I really do! In my third year, I took an Intro to Medieval Literature course, in which the main assignment was a Codicology project. I had to pick a Medieval manuscript and essentially locate - and acquire whenever possible - every piece of information that existed on that manuscript, including its history and contents. I had never done anything like this before, but I was hooked. I loved spending my time searching for sources and information in the most obscure databases and libraries, and it was always so rewarding when I found what I was looking for. After I finished this project, I told the professor how much I had enjoyed it, and she actually suggested that I should maybe consider a Master's in Information Science. So here I am.
I find research to be the best part of the academic process, and I think that's why I want to be a reference librarian in an academic library. I'm interested to learn more about the research process and different methods, because it's definitely something I will use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment